This flavor-packed pesto sauce is delicious and so much better than any store-bought pesto. We love using pesto in our flatbread, pizzas, pasta, and as a marinade. You will not believe how easy it is to make this recipe and it is so inexpensive!
For this homemade basil pesto recipe, all you need is just 6 ingredients and a blender!
- Fresh basil– This recipe calls for fresh basil leaves.
- Garlic– Fresh garlic adds so much flavor to the sauce!
- Pine nuts– Pine nuts are the key ingredient.
- Parmesan– Fresh shredded parmesan cheese or pre grated parmesan cheese with work.
- Salt– Use salt to taste for this sauce.
- Olive oil– Olive oil is what give the sauce is creaminess.
- Lemon juice– Adds that kick of zest and elevates the sauce.
- Basil pesto in a glass jar with a spoon full of pesto.
HOW TO MAKE PESTO-
A food processor or blender will work in this recipe. We have this one and use it all the time, it’s so versatile.
In a food processor, add the basil, parmesan cheese, pine nuts, garlic, salt, olive oil and lemon juice. Blend until the ingredients are well combined and smooth.
Serve as desired.
#lemon pea pasta #jamie oliver pea pasta #mushroom pea pasta #asparagus pea pasta #snap pea pasta #mint pea pasta