300 gr broccoli florets
50 gr Cashew Nuts
2 cloves Garlic, coarsely chopped
50 gr grated cheddar cheese
75-100 ml Olive oil
1 tsp Black pepper, coarsely ground
1 tsp Salt
250 gr Pasta (I use extra thin spaghetti)
5 curly green chilies (reduce if you don't like spicy)
1 clove Garlic, finely sliced
200 gr Chicken breast, grilled (I used shrimp and sausage)
enough pesto sauce
Salt to taste
Pepper powder to taste
A few florets of boiled broccoli to sprinkle over spaghetti
1. Prepare the main ingredients.
2. Steam or boil broccoli until cooked, but not too soft.
3. Oven or roast cashews until golden brown. Then puree in a blender or food processor. I use a blender because I don't have a food processor.
4. Then add broccoli and garlic. Process until smooth. Add olive oil, process until well blended. Also add grated cheese, process everything until smooth. If using a blender, you can add a little water to make it easier to process.
5. Add black pepper powder and salt. Adjust pepper, salt and olive oil. Set aside in a bowl. The use of pesto sauce is adjusted to the amount of pasta. The rest can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer.
6. Bring salted water to a boil to boil pasta. Boil pasta until al dente. Remove and drain, pasta does not need to be doused in cold water or mixed with oil. Save 1 cup of pasta cooking water for later use to dilute the pesto if it is too thick.
7. Chop the curly green chilies and garlic. Fry in olive oil until cooked and fragrant.
8. Add shredded chicken (I didn't use it), I used sausage and shrimp. Saute until shrimp and sausage are cooked. Turn off the stove.
9. Add pasta, pesto sauce, salt and pepper. Add the water that was used to boil the pasta earlier or it could be plain water, so that the sauce is not too thick and easily mixed with all the other ingredients. Adjust the taste of salt and pepper. Serve pasta on serving plates, sprinkle with grated cheese and boiled broccoli. Ready to eat.
10. The rest of the pesto sauce can be placed in several plastic jars for easy grabbing when making more pesto pasta or other dishes. Store in the refrigerator or freezer. In the refrigerator (chiller) this pesto can last 3 days, while in the freezer, it can last a month or even more. This pesto sauce can also be used for pizza sauce, boiled potatoes and bread.